Extract from Dr Axe article:
Float & Restore offers Float tank Perth experiences in three locations: Joondalup, Wangara and Cannington.
Interestingly patients addicted to nicotine, alcohol or drugs generally saw improvements associated with refocusing the mind or re-balancing the various physical and mental effects of stress.
According to science, sensory deprivation helps patients overcome addictions by:
- Induction of a general relaxation response
- Serenity and relief by non-chemical means
- Internal refocusing to concentrate on personal problems
- Disruption of habits through removal of trigger cues and response possibilities
- Increased feelings of control over addictive behaviours
- Enhanced learning processes
Research findings related to treating addictive behaviours with REST now support its use for:
- Quitting smoking
- Alcohol consumption
- Drug misuse
The most support for floating involves smoking cessation help, while many believe more research is needed overall to recommend floating for other drug problems.