Extract from Dr Axe article:
Float & Restore offers Float tank Perth experiences in three locations: Joondalup, Wangara and Cannington.
Interestingly patients addicted to nicotine, alcohol or drugs generally saw improvements associated with refocusing the mind or re-balancing the various physical and mental effects of stress.
According to science, sensory deprivation helps patients overcome addictions by:
- Induction of a general relaxation response
- Serenity and relief by non-chemical means
- Internal refocusing to concentrate on personal problems
- Disruption of habits through removal of trigger cues and response possibilities
- Increased feelings of control over addictive behaviours
- Enhanced learning processes
Research findings related to treating addictive behaviours with REST now support its use for:
- Quitting smoking
- Alcohol consumption
- Drug misuse
The most support for floating involves smoking cessation help, while many believe more research is needed overall to recommend floating for other drug problems.
Related Float Tank Perth Articles